Assistant Sommelier, Royal Mail Hotel
• Multi-Award winning Restaurant and Hotel
• Picturesque location
• Career defining opportunity
A rare opportunity exists to join the professional and dynamic team at The Royal Mail Hotel as our Assistant Sommelier based in Dunkeld, Vic
Boasting the prestigious 'Hall of Fame Australia's Winelist of the Year - Gourmet Traveller Wine/Fine Wine Partners' Award coupled with our world renowned restaurant makes this a career defining role.
Our 2,700 strong wine list and our 26,000 bottle cellar represents an extensive selection across different price points, featuring many wines by the glass, collections of museum verticals of some of Australia's best wines, one of the largest collections of Bordeaux, and Burgundy in the Southern Hemisphere. The quality of our list means that the people managing it are among the best sommeliers in the industry, which you will have the opportunity to work very closely with.
The successful applicant must possess
• Exceptional customer service and a true hospitality professional
• Minimum two years' experience in a similar establishment with a similar sized list
• Strong food and wine knowledge
• WSET level III or certified sommelier level 2 is preferred
• A desire to consistently perform at the highest level
Reporting to the head Sommelier the successful applicant will be required to work in a fulltime position with an attractive salary on offer and also access to a large tip pool. Applicants should submit their cover letters and resumes via email to the HR Manager at email@example.com.